Wednesday 23 January 2013

Plum Jam YUMMM!



I Love my family and neighbourhood, people are so generous!
 
My brother in law knows I like to make plum sauce, so when he heard our neighbour had these plums that needed a loving kitchen to be cooked in, he thought of me! :-)
There is about 10kg so to begin with I've made some plum jam... next is the plum sauce!

 PLUM JAM

INGREDIENTS

4kg dark plums
8 cups water
2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
3kg sugar
1-2 packets of Jam Setta (from supermarket if needed)

METHOD

1. Combine plums and water in a large preserving pan and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered,for one hour.
2.Add the lemon juice and sugar to the pan and stir, without boiling, until the sugar dissolves. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to the boil. Boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes to an hour or until the jam jells when tested.
3. Pour the jam into sterilised jars and seal.

Makes about 20 x 250g jars.
 
Tea for two!
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment