Wednesday 30 January 2013

Furniture Restoration




Today (15/01/2013) is officially the first day of my furniture restoration endeavours!!

 
I found this dressing table in my travels, searching for old damaged furniture. It would have originally had a mirror attached, but the mirror was gone and a lot of the veneer was peeling off. I've sanded it back and now its ready to paint!
 
 
  
Painted! :-)
 
 
 
Shabby Chic! 

Finished product!!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  I'm so excited! This is the first piece of furniture I've restored that's for sale.
 
 
 
Planter Stand, also for sale!
 
 
 
Sorry I have to run along, as it's the 30th now... only one day left in January to de-clutter my china...going to be cutting it fine!
 
See ya xo 
 

3 comments:

  1. I loved what you did with the first phase of the paint job, but you really outdid yourself with the shabby chic look. How did you manage to get such natural looking wear on the piece after the original paint job? Anyway, amazing job on this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ryan, I used good old elbow grease and a small hand held sander. I'm fairly happy with the result, though I'm thinking I'd rather not work with veneer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Restoring the finish on your furniture is a great way to enhance the style of your home. One of the ways to restore an old piece of furniture is re-upholstering the furniture.
    Natural Products

    ReplyDelete