Tuesday 8 January 2013

Time To De-clutter

 
 

 
OK, so I've been talking about de-cluttering my china collection for about five years now but this year I'm actually going to do it...... :-). Don't laugh H! Each month I plan to de-clutter a different area of my house, starting in January with my china collection.Over the years I've collected damaged cups, vases, plates, bowls, etc. as well as perfect items to decorate the house with. My intention is to recycle the damaged pieces and turn them into something useful. My daughter J gave me a lovely book for Christmas called Gifts From The Garden; one of the projects in the book is on how to turn tea cups etc. into little pot plants, so that's where I'll start. I might also try making cups and bowls into candle holders.


My Chrissy present from H.

 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My dear friend H and I are also planning a big year this year, using our creativity to do things like rejuvenate old furniture and other items. We like the idea of turning something useless into something useful and pretty. Also we plan to do craft work and sewing. If it all goes well we will be holding garage type sales to sell our handy work. Will keep you posted here.



Some of my handy work.
Old table from the garden.
 My first effort at painting and distressing furniture.
Very pleased with myself!


Some of my china
 to be de-cluttered


















 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment