Thursday 31 January 2013

Lounge and Dining area De-Cluttered


 

Only just made it!
Feels really good to complete the china de-cluttering on time.....just scraped in at 9 PM on 31st January.
This is where my china collecting began!
Can you spot the fault in this picture?
My Dad gave this beautiful Royal Winton breakfast set to my Mum on their engagement. After I was married and we built our first new home, they gifted it to me.
After a few years I noticed that the milk jug has a rose on the handle instead of
the tigerlilly flower that is on the tea pot and tea cup handles! "OMG" I thought! Someone else is out there with a breakfast set with the tigerlilly flower on the milk jug and a rose on the other pieces! So my search began to find a milk jug with the tigerlilly flower.I eventually found one in my travels.....can't remember where, but I do remember, my hand went out all by itself and picked it up (anyone who is a collector will know that feeling).My daughter J said..." But you can't change it over, you will spoil the history". Hmmm what to do what to do!  Look close on the tenth picture down, you will see what I've done :-)
LOUNGE DONE!
After

Before

I  know what you're thinking...
not much changed here!
Hmm... actually there is more china in the AFTER photo!
 
 
 
 
 

After
Before
OK, not much different...

Not even going to show the Before for this one!
 
I give up...only showing the AFTERS for the lounge from now on!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
DINING AREA DONE!

Only AFTERS here too...not really sure if I'm de-cluttering or re-cluttering!
But at the least, everything is dusted and rearranged.
 

 
 
Once again, I know what you're thinking,I know there's still a LOT of china, but I did take out at least twenty pieces. For me, that's a huge achievement!(Love my china).Some of the pieces were damaged so I will make them into something useful, and sell the other pieces.......That is unless I look at them later and decide I can't part with them!

Gotta go now and work out what I'm going to de-clutter in February :-)

see ya xo

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment